This week marks my serious return to regular exercise. I am happy to report the brutal summer weather didn't do me detriment. I did not gain weight during the summer despite the inconsistency of my exercise routine.
New for the Autumn of 2010:
1. Music has become an integral part of my workouts. David Benoit has a handful of songs that are perfect for walking. They help me keep a good pace and are joyful so I like hearing again and again. My walk incorporates choreography so I'm almost dancing as I move forward. Yes, people are driving by in their cars and see me. No, I don't care.
My playlist includes: "Watermelon Man", "Jellybeans & Chocolate" from Right Here, Right Now "Why Not!" and "Jump Start" from Professional Dreamer. Benoit is a musical genious.
2. I'm walking a minimum of 45 minutes per walk at least 3 times per week. I had been averaging 25-30 minutes per walk and I was keeping pace with my neighbors (who sometimes walked faster than I did.) Ultimately, I will work my way up to an hour per walk. The music will help me get there.
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
After training for and walking in the American Heart Association's 2009 Start! Heart Walk, Cheryl has joined the CACI Cares team from CACI – Federal Inc. and will walk again in 2010. She's one fifth of the way to her medically confirmed weight loss goal of 100 pounds. @CherylsTraining on Twitter. Despite a periodic need for physical therapy, she has improved her metabolism and her overall health measurably and is very happy to report that exercise is a regular part of her life.
No comments:
Post a Comment