Monday, April 5, 2010

Phase 2 / Workout 21 - Giving Thanks on Easter - Big Workout & No Pain

I walked by myself on Easter evening while listening to my iPod. I didn't invite my neighbors because it was a holiday and most were probably with their families. Not that they weren't available, I just chose not to ask. In the future, I will plan holidays in advance. Maybe they would have loved to go for one of our walks especially after a big holiday meal and have their family members come, too. Now there's a new family tradition I don't see anywhere on my block.


The podcast I was listening to, www.dailyaudiobible.com (April 4th, 2010 installment) was great. It included special holiday music and childrens' stories in their own words and recorded in their own voices in addition to the regular adult reader. I thought I would stop walking at 7 or 8 laps around my triangle but the stories were so good (especially the last one), I just kept going. I completed 10 laps easily and my ankle didn't hurt at all!


My steps totaled 3,300 in 30 minutes. I pumped my arms for about 2,000 of those steps. I will have to blog about the choreography of my arms in case someone else wants to try it. The arm work takes my intensity way up no matter how quickly I walk.


I walk faster when I walk alone and that's OK because I have been losing weight while doing nothing more than walking slowly with my neighbor(s) for exercise during the last few weeks.


Do something beautiful for your heart today.


~ Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment