The sun was bright and warm. We had been used to shade on most of our triangle route but there was none and the sun was rising higher in the sky instead of setting as is common to our evening walks. I noticed a lot of shade across the busy street that borders our triangle so we walked there and counted steps. Instead of finishing our first triangle lap, we crossed the street and walked down the other side.
When we got to the corner, we noticed the intersecting street had many very large and gorgeous trees with leaves that had just begun to bud. They provided moderate shade for us to walk comfortably without risking overheating. Our total step count for these two new streets was 540. We walked 2 round trips (that's 2,160) plus our steps before and after. J.S. went 2,810 steps and I added steps after leaving her in front of her door so I went above 3,000.
My ankle looks really good. It is smaller than it has been in a year (although it has not matched my other ankle since the initial injury in my teens). Maybe the extra weight was really pushing my ankle to the edge. I heard that losing just one pound takes many pounds of weight off the legs. Maybe my ankle is saying "Thank you!" or "Whew!"
Neighbor #4 "D.P." called to follow-up so she can walk with us.
Neighbor #4 "D.P." called to follow-up so she can walk with us.
I weighed myself and the loss continues! I have reached the 10 lbs. down mark after shedding two more since last week's weigh-in. Can I keep this going? Stay tuned and...
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
No comments:
Post a Comment