Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Phase 2 / Workout 22 - At dusk we walk!

DC was very hot today. Yes, it's early April and maybe nature is apologizing for the groundhog's bad behavior but we've been enjoying a generous taste of summer. If they call it "Indian Summer" when it gets warm in the late fall, what do we call it when we get early heat: "Caribbean Spring"? Look at me. I've coined a term!


Because of the heat, my neighbor "J.S." and I agreed to wait until sunset for our walk. There was this delightful breeze. She suggested going 6 laps around the triangle for the first time. Her max has been 5 laps until today. We also walked a little faster than we usually do. I suggested that we walk early in the morning on really hot days. She is a senior so I am wise if I gauge my level of caution to hers.


My total steps were 2,250 in about a half hour.


Do something beautiful for your heart today.


~ Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment