I have finally decided on an eating plan: the Glycemic Index method for weight loss. One reason for this choice is that diabetes is present in my family. I don't have it and I don't want to get it. I already cut out granulated sugar from my diet long ago. I do continue to eat things that have sugar in them but my original problem many years ago was the huge amount of granulated sugar I was adding to things.
One day about 7 years ago my doctor at the time wanted to diagnose me with diabetes because she said I was headed there. I guess she had seen it so many times and didn't expect me to make any changes. But I did immediately. Since then I can count on one finger the number of sugar sacks I have purchased.
Another reason I chose the Glycemic Index method is that it is sensible. It is not so much about deprivation as it is about balance. Many eating plans minimize consumption of important nutritional components of a balanced diet. The glycemic index approach encourages eating and cuts out nothing. That seems more realistic. This method seems to have no controversy associated with it and the medical community apparently approves of it overwhelmingly.
Last weekend, I found the Complete Idiot's Guide: Glycemic Index Weight Loss at a decent price on amazon.com and ordered it. Tonight, I started reading it and feel assured I made a good choice. A quick look at the table of contents reveals the book has 29 chapters organized into seven parts that I will read over the next seven weeks. I will research additional resources as I go. Of course I will blog about what I learn and report changes I am motivated to make.
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
After training for and walking in the American Heart Association's 2009 Start! Heart Walk, Cheryl has joined the CACI Cares team from CACI – Federal Inc. and will walk again in 2010. She's one fifth of the way to her medically confirmed weight loss goal of 100 pounds. @CherylsTraining on Twitter. Despite a periodic need for physical therapy, she has improved her metabolism and her overall health measurably and is very happy to report that exercise is a regular part of her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment