1. Acquire and set-up my journal as instructed in the Complete Idiot's Guide to Glycemic Index Weight Loss (this has a to-do list of its own).
2. Create my GIGL "treasure map" (this is going to be FUN!).
3. Plan a week's worth of GIGL menus.
4. Write a shopping list based on those menus.
5. Obtain/organize equipment and utensils for measuring food.
6. Start a binder for printed resources from the internet. This will include:
- newsletters
- menus
- a copy of the food guide pyramid for weight loss
- recipes (w/ GI estimates)
- lists of food items and their GI values.
7. Dry clean the garment(s) I used to fit into at my ideal size (I will post a photo).
8. Schedule my daily meal and snack times (I may consider sharing this on-line).
9. Write my affirmations (personal - for my journal only).
10. Customize my personal exercise repertoire (low impact, allows intensity, contains variety while protecting and supporting body parts undergoing physical therapy).
11. Set my start date for eating according to Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load (GIGL).
12. Develop a stress-management strategy.
13. Empty and clean the refrigerator; reorganize with reserved shelves/drawers to accommodate my new plan.
14. Reorganize the pantry similarly (actually they're kitchen cabinets).
You can see I have my work cut out for me. Some of these objectives will be completed before I start my GIGL eating program. Others will be finished later.
I am hesitant to set a date in the near future because there is so much to do. But just as hotels and restaurants open before their "Grand Opening", I guess I could start my low glycemic eating before my official start date. I'll be just as committed but I might make a couple of rookie mistakes and follow-up with the necessary adjustments. That makes sense, doesn't it?
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~Cheryl~
After training for and walking in the American Heart Association's 2009 Start! Heart Walk, Cheryl has joined the CACI Cares team from CACI – Federal Inc. and will walk again in 2010. She's one fifth of the way to her medically confirmed weight loss goal of 100 pounds. @CherylsTraining on Twitter. Despite a periodic need for physical therapy, she has improved her metabolism and her overall health measurably and is very happy to report that exercise is a regular part of her life.
No comments:
Post a Comment