Monday, January 11, 2010

Phase 2 / Workout 2 - I am excited to move forward into this new year

So, it is day two and I'm wondering why if I set my biking level lower, somehow I sweat harder? Is that really so? Or is it that I have been away from it for a while and my body is adjusting. Last fall, I was working out at level 5, 6 and 7 and sometimes I didn't sweat as much. This could also be related to how much water I was consuming on any given day. What else could it be? For the next week or two, I am going to keep it at 20 minutes of pedaling at level 4.


I wasn't sore today but I have to be so careful with my ankle. If I catch my heel on something even just a small "bump" impact that I'd barely notice if it happened elsewhere on my body, I have sudden pain as the angle of my foot suddenly increases and my toe points. I am not complaining. My writing this prepares me to discuss with my physical therapist.


I am grateful and hopeful. I remember where I was last summer before I started this. I hoped I would have lost more weight but I did benefit in ways I can't take for granted. I could not have achieved these things without my exercise regimen. If my ankle keeps me from running, that's OK. I've never been a runner. I would like to run but it is totally optional if I never do. I just see it as the ultimate exercise. Honestly, I prefer dancing and I already know a bit about how to do that while protecting my ankle (low impact).


My results for January 11th (Phase 2 / Workout 2) are:

Time: 20 min. 
Average Speed 14.5 
Distance 4.7
Calories 127
Average Heart Rate 120
Watts: 68
Level: 4 (Program: Manual)


Do something beautiful for your heart today.



~ Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment