My walking buddy met me again. She's a senior and told me about her friend who was on the phone with her when it was time for us to walk. She is a walker too who was proud of her friend for starting a walking program. I thought she was talking about a peer but she explained that this walker friend was over 80 years old and could out-walk her.
I'm not worthy!
We did a bit more than 15 minutes because we were both up to it. I walked her home and did another 25 minutes by myself. My total recorded time is 40 minutes for today but I went a little longer. My total steps: 3,000!
We started about one half hour before sunset and a few neighbors saw us. One, another senior neighbor, was looking through her window and called my walking buddy to find out if she could join us. YES! Of course! I envisioned more people joining me. It makes sense for social reasons and safety reasons.
So, tomorrow there will be three of us walking or more.
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
No comments:
Post a Comment