Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 31: Injured and healing

Exercise happened on day 28. I walked outside (very late of course). I really appreciate the difference in how I feel when my whole body is moving without a machine like my bike. My routine is as vigorous as low-impact aerobic dance.


But on the 10th minute of walking up and down the block something suspicious developed on my street and I was alone except for the unfamiliar vehicle being driven aggressively and repeatedly through the alley and on the streets of my neighborhood. So, I went inside. My ankle was hurting.


The next day, my trusted friend saw my weight fall again on day 29. I am back down to 4 lbs lost.


Skipping ahead to day 31, I had medical appointments - not ironically for my ankle. I came away with a diagnosis I really didn't want, orders for physical therapy and an activity restriction. I have to stop walking as exercise for a while - but I can still ride my recumbent bike.


It just occurred to me, I had been carrying around the MRI but never looked at any of the films until the doctor took them out of the envelope.


One of my days (off - between day 28 and 31) were derailed by a broken down car, a tow to the repair shop and picking up a rental. I picked up the fixed car and returned the rental on a different day. I met two people on day 31 who had lost significant amounts of weight. One of them wants to join our walking team. Yeah!


But my ankle really hurts right now and it will rest on a pillow as I go to sleep.


Within 24 hours, I'll make my goals for what's left of this week... In the mean-time,


Do something beautiful for your heart today.


~ Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment