Unexpectedly, I was out of the office for two days so I didn't connect with my trusted friend (the one who watches me weigh every Tuesday). Therefore, I do not have an official change in my weight to post this week.
I also did not exercise on those two days: Tuesday and Wednesday. There was no way I was going to miss Thursday especially since I returned to a stack of mail on my desk that included two votes of confidence! [small checks made out to the American Heart Association]
One was from very far: friends I do not see often who have participated with me in one of my artistic/creative endeavors; the other was from very close: a friend/coworker and her husband.
These were in response to apologies I sent to those I originally e-mailed about the Heart Walk explaining I wasn't aware when I sent my first e-mail that the single dollar votes of confidence I requested could not be donated on the AHA Heart Walk website. I wrote that they could, instead, mail a check payable to the Heart Association to me @ my office and I would forward it.
I am only asking for single dollars because my team has raised so much money. Our team's total fund-raising, as of today, exceeds $27K and is expected to continue going up by leaps and bounds for the next 24 hours. This is the last day for our special project that has kept the funds pouring in since August. We have one more project that is a bit smaller in scale.
My body might not have completely adjusted to my new routine. I came home from work and crashed. I slept for almost four hours.
I have to keep in mind that I was helping my special someone with some unusual issues on Tuesday and Wednesday that disrupted everything including my ability to be at the office. My need to rest early this evening cannot be totally attributed to the new work-out schedule. When someone you care about is facing discomfort or pain, you feel stress too, right?
My bike has a whole bunch of cool settings I haven't tried. I usually set it at "MANUAL" and choose a level. This is pretty boring to most of you, I guess but predictable and easily controlled for me.
Today, I used one of the variable settings called "PLATEAU" and though I chose level 5, the variation took me as high as level 7.
I was simultaneously trying to figure out the Polar I borrowed (heart rate monitor). I was able to get better acquainted with it. I changed some settings and explored some menus but I failed to make my heart rate display during my ride. I had done it successfully before.
It has been raining outside for a couple of days so I am less inclined to do a walk outside.
My results for day 45 are:
Time: 25 min.
Average Speed 15.0
Distance 6.0
Calories 169
Average Heart Rate 123
Watts: 74
Level: 5
OK! We have one month left before the walk and I am training well but not losing weight according to my goal. The exercise has kept me from gaining weight when I fail to eat appropriately.
As with my studies (between 2005 and 2008), cramming was not an option because the courses were already accelerated and spread over 5 weeks. With 4 weeks to the walk, an adjustment might still get me to where I want to be.
I know that my body feels good. My ankles don't swell at all (regardless of my sodium intake) and I can tell I am stronger. This makes me know that an infrastructure for future success is being established. These things can't be measured on a scale.
Is anybody reading this? Please let me know. Send an e-mail to: CherylsMakingPaces@gmail.com. I invite you to add your name as a follower of this blog.
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
After training for and walking in the American Heart Association's 2009 Start! Heart Walk, Cheryl has joined the CACI Cares team from CACI – Federal Inc. and will walk again in 2010. She's one fifth of the way to her medically confirmed weight loss goal of 100 pounds. @CherylsTraining on Twitter. Despite a periodic need for physical therapy, she has improved her metabolism and her overall health measurably and is very happy to report that exercise is a regular part of her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment