Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 41 & 42: Quick to exercise; slow to blog

I attended the wedding I mentioned I learned about (and blogged about) a couple of weeks ago (see Sept 25th). Although I was content to speak with the bride and let her know how glad I was to hear she and her groom were headed down the aisle, she left me a voice-mail saying that she had made room for me to attend the wedding! Wow!


It was on a touring cruise ship that travels up and down the Potomac River. The wedding was on top of the boat and the reception was directly below. We ate fabulously! I tried to catch the bouquet (I love pretty flowers) but it tipped my fingers and landed on a table or the floor and I went for it again with the person who ultimately prevailed.


I was very emotional because I was so happy for this particular couple (not a good way to be in front of a buffet). I need a fail-proof strategy for a crowded banquet. The place was packed and every seat was assigned.


When I got home I was exhausted and I had a head-ache from all the excitement. So, I rested the remainder of that day.


But, I got myself together on Day 41 and 42. I walked on my block for 30 minutes both evenings. I have no computer read-out to print here and I forgot to wear the heart monitor (which would at least give me an average heartbeat and estimated calories). I counted my steps though.


Day 41 : 30 minutes: 1410 steps = .805 mi.
Day 42: 32 minutes: 3060 steps = 1.53 mi.


Do something beautiful for your heart today.


~ Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment