Another early walk for just over 30 minutes for another 3,000 steps and I feel good. I also stretched my mini-run in addition to doing my arm routine. The cool thing about my block is that the walkways are spaced evenly and far enough apart that I can set and measure small goals easily and adjust them incrementally using the visual cues.
What's fortunate for me (in my mind) is that I live at one of the houses served by the center walkway. I feel centered when I go out for my walk because my starting point is right there. Yesterday, I only ran between one of the walk ways and the next one. Today, I ran past one to the second one - double the distance of yesterday. Although my running is small and 5 - 10 % of each lap, its more than I've done in most previous years.
A couple of neighbors were coming home or walking through the block. One asked to join me during my walks. I thought she meant she wanted to be in the Heart Walk. Oh well, either way it will be good.
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
No comments:
Post a Comment