I realize how much my hard work last time made a difference. My body feels different (in a good way). I understand that I won't be able to duplicate my peak performance often. It is my own record that I may strive to exceed at some time in the future.
My official results for Day 11:
Time: 25 min.
(I did an extra 20 minutes today at a mild intensity but didn't save the results)
Average Speed 11.3
Distance 4.4
Calories 112
Average Heart Rate 104
Watts: 38
Level: 6
My other duties took me away from my bike on day 10. I saw the results though. While running erands, I was singing with no rehearsal and was able to produce and sustain notes and put power behind them that I normally struggle to do without a warm-up. I wasn't surprised, I observed this earlier this year after four consecutive days of 75 minute workouts (classes and equipment). For me, offering my best voice should be motivation enough to make regular vigorous exercise a habit.
I am still putting off exercise until the end of the day. I think that means that I haven't made it a habit yet. It is not hard to ride the bike. The hard part is getting on the bike to start riding.
Long ago in physics class, we talked about static friction and kinetic friction. Static friction is greater than kinetic friction. It helps keep an object in place when it is standing still. Kinetic friction is what acts on an object in motion. It can slow an object that is already moving. I think a similar psychological principle can be applied to me concerning exercise.
An organic grocery store opened in the community next to my neighborhood. I had been watching for it to open for months and was elated to drive past it today to discover the doors were open. OK, I stopped and went inside to look around. There were sliced peach/nectarine samples as well as cheese, crackers, wine and beer. I declined the latter two, but thanks for asking.
I imagine I could take a long exercise walk, go shopping and walk back home with my groceries. I need to map it out to see if it would be 2 or 3 miles round trip.
The time has come to make my ultra-healthy spaghetti sauce. An organic version of it sounds appealing.
I enjoy writing this blog and I appreciate when people tell me they have read it. I welcome feedback and hope that all of you
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
No comments:
Post a Comment