Nothing happened on Day 25 so here we are at day 26.
Despite at least three lovely things that happened this week, there was one upsetting one (you know the thing that involved heavy lifting the other day - the one I'm not writing about in any detail). My attitude has not been great since then.
The first really lovely thing that happened came from my boss. Another lovely thing came from Trusted Friend (almost no surprise - still I was surprised).
The third thing came as the most wonderful news about two people I was sure were perfect for each other (and I am not one of those match-maker people - I'm the one who is usually the last to know and once I know, often I'm shocked).
Oh, I know: the fourth thing was that I got to take care of myself a little bit today. I got my hair done by a professional! I hadn't seen her since...
(OK - let's just say it has been a REALLY LONG TIME).
She was so kind, she didn't give me the evil eye or anything.
Local readers know its raining in the mid-Atlantic region today so on days like this we all know most hair-dos... basically... don't.
But, today at the salon, for the very first time, I was highly motivated to speak with my hairdresser about a different hair-style. After all, I wasn't going anywhere or doing anything special. I just needed my hair done. For my type of hair, this means a relaxer touch-up (straightening perm), deep conditioning, some color, a trim and a style.
Usually I leave the beauty salon with a shiny, glamorous, flowing mane of gently tousled shoulder length curls (the woman is a miracle-worker I tell you!) - but today, for the first time ever, I was compelled to tell her not to give me that.
I told her about my work-outs and how I needed to have my hair up because of all the work and exercise I have to do. So, tonight as I overcame my reluctance to sweat my cute but proper pony-tail out (frankly - the rain and humidity had already gotten to it) I felt pretty. It's a girl thing - whatever!
Just because my attitude needed adjustment doesn't mean I want to give up. The same thing happened with school. Quitting was never an option. Same with this exercise thing: I can see myself hopping on the bike even after waiting until the end of the day but telling myself "this is a part of my daily routine. I will not go back to letting a week pass without exercise like I used to...." I know when I am not doing my best. Most people do. Only some are willing to admit it.
I remember the fifth thing: I had to go by the Washington Hospital Center (the day Supreme Court Justice Ginsberg happened to be there). After I left, I began to feel a small tickle in my throat like the beginnings of an infection. I said a prayer and within minutes I couldn't feel it anymore. I feel fine today and I am very grateful.
And the sixth thing was today I got my best score ever on my brain training game! I think my attitude is improving.
My results for day 26 are:
Time: 25 min.
Average Speed 14.8
Distance 6.0
Calories 164
Average Heart Rate 116
Watts: 71
Level: 6
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
No comments:
Post a Comment