Mathematics explains it best. My trusted friend saw that I went back up by a half pound. At least I didn't gain it all back.
Tuesday was full of unexpected twists and turns. I didn't get to do anything I thought I would accomplish on Tuesday including my bike-ride, blog and twitter. I did have to do some unplanned heavy lifting and it was my best lift ever (easiest?). The circumstances are what diverted my entire evening. Good thing I am working out five days this week because the first day is off but hopefully not the second.
Here is one lesson learned:
I have to take lunch to work. If I don't, I go to the vending machine. On Tuesday, I chose B-B-Q Fritos. I am grateful that my feet didn't swell the next day. That's grace and mercy (plus the fact that I have been exercising).
What else have I been doing? ...working on my arms since late winter. I have three moves I do with my "Iron Gym" No, I cannot lift myself using the pull-up bar but I did string an elastic exercise band with handles through it and I do exercises normally done with dumb-bells but upside-down.
For instance, bicep curls that involve lifting a weight are reversed as I pull the handles down from overhead. I also punch forward as well as raise/lower my straight arms like flapping wings at my side while holding the band handles for extra resistance.
I am reminded of the free trial I had last May at Sport & Health. I exercised four days in a row for at least one hour and 15 minutes. I took classes, walked on the treadmill and used an eliptical machine.
Before my first workout, the membership specialist introduced me to the trainers who help new members learn to use the machines correctly. From my treadmill, I watched as one of these trainers worked with a man in his late 40's or early 50's who was a bit stocky but very muscular. He seemed to do well but was exerting himself near his body's limits. As the trainer stepped away for a moment, he continued to work on a machine just a few feet in front of me. I couldn't resist offering a word of encouragement to him: "Don't worry..." I said in a voice just above a whisper "you'll have those Obama arms in no time!"
It's OK to laugh. That's another thing that's good for your heart.
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
After training for and walking in the American Heart Association's 2009 Start! Heart Walk, Cheryl has joined the CACI Cares team from CACI – Federal Inc. and will walk again in 2010. She's one fifth of the way to her medically confirmed weight loss goal of 100 pounds. @CherylsTraining on Twitter. Despite a periodic need for physical therapy, she has improved her metabolism and her overall health measurably and is very happy to report that exercise is a regular part of her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment