Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 21: Habit Day & Week 3 is DONE!

OK - I completed 6 work-outs in 7 days for the first time since I started! May I give myself an A+ for reaching this goal this week? And today is the 21st day - the day it officially becomes a habit. Woo-hoo!

I have been drinking more water and I am really feeling better today. I got a lot of rest over the weekend. I think it was the last of whatever icky thing I had working its way out of my system.



I haven't done very well with my olive oil and garlic so I have to refocus. My ultra-healthy spaghetti sauce recipe is at the ready so this goal will be reached. The ingredients are in the fridge.


My results for day 21 are:

Time: 20 min. 
Average Speed 13.0
Distance 4.2
Calories 108
Average Heart Rate 105
Watts: 52
Level: 6



While I biked, I watched Dancing with the Stars. When I got off the bike, I used all the phones I could get my hands on to vote for my favorite male star.


I checked on my 100 year old aunt today but I didn't get to speak with her. She knew I called but was unavailable. I said I would call again. A neighbor was looking after her and she told me all was calm and normal.


So, the week 4 goals are:

1. 25 minutes of biking @ level 5 or 6 for 5 of the next 7 days.
2. Daily garlic and olive oil added to a meal daily.
3. 8 oz. of water first thing every morning.
4. 15 minutes of walking 3 times this week. 



I prize my thighs!
I researched the news story I included in a previous blog about heart health vs. larger thigh size. It was conducted in Denmark and found that those with thinner thighs have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease. See for yourself http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/339/sep03_2/b3292 and


Do something beautiful for your heart today.


~ Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment