Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 14: I've reached the end of my 2nd week

Something is definitely different with my stomach but I'm not in pain and I don't feel sick so I'll call my doctor and discuss with her. I am pacing myself. I won't be pushing myself for a while. For now, it will be enough just to get my work-out done each day.


My results for day 14 are:

Time: 20 min. 
Average Speed 12.8
Distance 4.0
Calories 105
Average Heart Rate 108
Watts: 50
Level: 6


The week 3 goals are:


1. 20 - 25 minutes on the bike @ level 5 or 6 for 5 or 6 of the next 7 days.
2. Daily garlic and olive oil added to a meal daily.
3. 8 oz. of water first thing every morning.


I attribute some of my motivation to be healthy and lose weight to the discipline I developed while a student studying for my degree. If I hadn't earned my degree, I might not be doing this now. 


Pursuing a healthier life and body seems much easier than the work I had to do for school. My studies lasted just a bit longer than three years continuously (excluding my previous college experiences). My fitness pursuit may last that long at the most but it probably will take much less time.


At school, I had to write my own responses to our instructor's discussion questions. We would have 2 - 4 of these every week. I also had to respond to 2 or 3 of my fellow student's responses and participate in the ensuing discussion. Sometimes we had to research our answers with publications on the given topic with properly formatted citations and at other times we had to give our personal opinion. Are your eyes glazing yet? 


We had to do much more in our classes but these tasks varied with each class. The discussion questions were a staple of almost every class I took.


All that to say: Compared to that, 20 - 25 minutes on a bike 5-6 days per week, crushing a garlic clove into meals cooked with olive oil and reading articles by experts about walking, etc. is almost nothing.


Oooh!  Be quiet!  Shhh! - I'm hiding from high achiever work-out girl - she's trying to find me to say "if I did all of that in school, I could really step it up" - if we're very quiet, she won't find me. So, while we wait,


Do something beautiful for your heart today.


~ Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment