Counting 30 days in September, 31 in October and half of November leading up to race day, that's 75 days. Day one is done.
Today was a beautiful day. This morning I looked up at the clouds and they reminded me of dumplings atop a casserole or a blueberry cobbler's drop biscuit crust. Clouds don't normally remind me of food. I'll have to watch that.
Our Pacemakers Heart Walk team got a new member today so we're up to 8 now. I also learned about another team's fund-raiser that garnered over $22,000. This leaves us with a smaller lead but we're still the front-runners.
Everything I set out to do today was accomplished by the final moments of the day before midnight. I opened my Twitter account "CherylsTraining" first thing, early this morning. Late in the afternoon, I connected with my trusted friend who looked at the scale when I weighed myself and took pictures of me. She said "You're really serious, aren't you?" Yeah!
I saw the pictures in my camera just after they were taken and haven't looked again. So, I have to admit I am not ready to post them for all to see. I am usually very photogenic but this isn't about looking good so I am reluctant to smile because I don't think I should.
I'm sure there are some who may silently say "Shame on you" but if I choose to listen, I hear it in their equally silent rejection. I don't walk around sad becuase of it. I have either learned to tune it out or I've got some special built-in immunity so that it doesn't bother me as much as I've seen others bothered by it.
I don't hate my body, but it sure looks like I do. They way I see myself has been different from how I really look for a long time. Pictures force the issue. Sounds depressing but not enough to stop me! I rode the recumbent bike as I planned and my results were:
Time: 20 min.
Average Speed 12.3
Distance 4.0
Calories 100
Average Heart Rate 104
Watts: 46
What are "watts" in this context? Why are they measured? Does this mean I could connect the bike to the microwave and heat a healthy snack for after my ride?
Disclaimer: Food reference inserted for the purpose of humor only. Blogger is not nor does she admit to being hungry at the time of this writing. No food was consumed during the typing of this blog.
Do something beautiful for your heart today.
~ Cheryl ~
No comments:
Post a Comment