Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 20: Time to confess my dirty little secret

I stayed up way too late last night. I had a one-night stand...


...with some pecan chocolate chip cookies. They usually stay in the house for weeks or months. I will feed them to my dad two at a time with some sugar free ice cream (he can have that sometimes). Rarely, I will eat one and that'll be enough for me. I wouldn't be writing if I had just eaten one or two.


I think I ate five of them and that is not acceptable. This is my biggest transgression so far. Although I have not yet imposed dietary goals/restrictions, I am choosing to eat appropriately until I do. I know I crossed a line.


My results for day 20 are:

Time: 20 min. 
Average Speed 14.1
Distance 4.5
Calories 121
Average Heart Rate 117
Watts: 63
Level: 6



I'm thinking about and praying for my aunt today. She recently turned 100 years old and had some health crises during the past few days. She didn't say anything about it when I called her on the phone. I had to find out from another family member in an e-mail I read just after my work-out. When I learned the name of the Heart Walk team I ultimately joined, I thought of her because she wears a pacemaker (see my first blog entry to what else I thought).


Do something beautiful for your heart today (and for an elderly relative).


~ Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment